We have the rather exceptional luxury of working at an institute (Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS, Utrecht University) that has a substantial number of theoreticians specialising in a variety of topics in syntax and its interfaces.
We want to create an open and supportive space for all of us that will result in
- an exchange of ideas about syntactic theory and methodology
- more interactions among syntacticians and semanticists or phonologists interested in the interfaces
- an increase of the resources every single one of us can draw on regularly
- all of us being up to date with what our colleagues are currently working on
- broadening our horizons by following current linguistic research outside our field of specialisation